Vacancy for Treasurer
Remuneration: Voluntary Post ( Reasonable Expenses Paid)
The Golf Union of Wales is looking to recruit a Treasurer to replace the current incumbent of over 3 years who is stepping down later this year.
The Board of the Golf Union of Wales is charged with providing the strategic direction for the organisation and also helping to enhance and promote the sport. The GUW is the recognised National Governing Body for Golf in Wales is a company limited by guarantee which employs 7 full time members of staff, its development arm Golf Development Wales (a wholly owned subsidiary of GUW) employs 5 full time and 2 part time members of staff.
The GUW’s Vision is a commitment to golf becoming a sport for all, and for life. To making golf a headline sport in Wales and an integral part of community life.
Applicants should have: -
- A suitable accounting qualification (ideally a qualified accountant)
- Experience of general financial and accounting matters including budgeting (profit and loss and cash flow) and reporting against budgets, including the production of formal reports for appropriate meetings.
- Experience of financial management, risk analysis and systems of internal control.
- Experience of applying and promoting the highest standards of corporate governance and compliance.
- A track record of achievement in an appropriate environment or ability to represent an organisation at the highest levels.
- The highest ethical standards of integrity and probity.
- The ability to gain the trust and respect of other Board members and relevant stakeholders
- Sufficient time to make appropriate commitment.
The role of Treasurer is entirely voluntary and no remuneration is offered. Reasonable expenses will be paid. This appointment will be made through a formal application and interview process.
For an application form, a Job Description and/or further information please contact the Golf Union of Wales by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Completed Application Forms and Covering Letters should be emailed to: Richard Dixon, Chief Executive at the Golf Union of Wales – email email@example.com
Should you wish to post your Application Form and Covering Letter, please mark the envelope ‘Private & Confidential ’and send to: - Richard Dixon, Golf Union of Wales, Catsash, Newport, Gwent, NP18 1JQ.
The Golf Union of Wales is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief.
Closing date for Applications: 30th November 2016