GOLF UNION OF WALES Limited – COUNCIL ELECTIONS 2017
1st December 2016 - NOMINATIONS HAVE NOW CLOSED
A list of nominations can be views from the "Download Files" section.
Member Clubs in the following electoral areas are invited to submit nominations for Council Members:-
- Dyfed/Mid Wales
There are no vacancies in the following electoral areas:-
- Carnarvonshire & Anglesey
- Denbighshire & Flintshire
The following are available to download in the Download Files opposite:--
- A table indicating in which Electoral Areas elections will be required.
- The Role of the GUW Council Member
- Appendix 3 of the GUW’s Articles of Association, which identifies which district/electoral area each club is in
- Nomination Form
The following can be obtained from the GUW website at www.golfunionwales.org/council-elections.aspx or by contacting the GUW office on 01633 436040.
- A copy of the Procedural Arrangements governing Golf Union of Wales Limited. (amended 15th April 2011)
- A copy of the GUW’s Articles of Association. (amended 22nd September 2016)
As indicated in the Electoral Regulations nominations must be submitted to the Golf Union of Wales office by 30th November 2016. Regulations provide for candidates to submit a pen portrait/election address of not more than 200 words, this must be submitted either with the respective nomination or by no later than 1st December 2016.
Voting forms will be sent to member clubs by 15th December 2016 and the deadline for voting forms to be received at the GUW office will be 1st February 2017.
The election shall be by postal ballot and Clubs shall vote only for candidates nominated for the district/electoral area in which they are situated.
If you require any further information on the election process please do not hesitate to contact me.
CEO Golf Union of Wales