Championship & Rules Committee
CHAMPIONSHIP AND RULES COMMITTEE
Terms of Reference
1. The organisation of all championships run by the Golf Union of Wales:
(a) Welsh Amateur (Match Play)
(b) Welsh Open Stroke Play (Stroke Play)
(c) Welsh Seniors (Stroke Play)
(d) Welsh Open Seniors (Stroke Play)
(e) Welsh Individual Handicap (Stroke Play)
(f) Welsh Open Youths (Stroke Play)
(g) Welsh Boys’ (Stroke / Match Play)
(h) Welsh Boys’ Under 15’s (Stroke Play)
(i) Welsh Boys’ Under 13’s (Stroke Play)
(j) Welsh Ladies’ Close Championship (Stroke / Match Play)
(k) Welsh Ladies’ Open Stroke Play (Stroke Play)
(l) Welsh Girls’ (Stroke / Match)
(m) Welsh Ladies’ Seniors (Stroke)
(n) Welsh Girls’ U16’s (Stroke Play)
(a) Welsh Team Championship (Match Play)
(b) Victory Shield (Match Play)
(c) Welsh Handicap Team Championship (Stroke Play / Stableford)
(d) Welsh Inter Counties (Stroke Play)
(e) Welsh Boys’ Inter Counties (Stroke Play)
(f) Junior Inter Club Championship (Stroke Play)
(g) Welsh Ladies’ Team Championship (Match Play)
(h) Welsh Ladies’ Inter Counties (Match Play)
(i) Welsh Girls' Inter Counties (Stroke Play / Stableford)
Ladies’ Club Events
(a) Cups x 6
(b) Australian Spoons (S’ford Foursomes)
(c) LGU Gold & Silver Medals
(d) LGU Silver & Bronze Bowls
(e) Centenary Event (Greensome)
(f) Jubilee 3’s (Stableford)
(g) Handicap Team Event (Stableford)
(a) The MIxed Foursomes Team Challenge
2. To review the organisation and running of each championship at the end of each season and prepare budgets for the following season.
3. To select suitable venues for the different championships and to carry out pre-championship visits.
4. To draw up the conditions of entry for each championship.
5. To agree a facility fee for clubs hosting championships.
6. To nominate officials to act as referees, starters, scoreboard operators etc. at all Golf Union of Wales Championships.
7. To liaise with County officials re: running of championships.
8. To liaise with clubs which run “order of merit” events.
1. To run Rules Schools for Golf Union of Wales members.
2. To run Rules Schools for County and Club Officials.
3. To encourage all Golf Union of Wales Council Members to qualify as referees.
4. To nominate Golf Union of Wales officials to attend the R & A Rules School each year.
C. Liaison with Other Bodies
1. To arrange fixture dates in liaison with the R & A, EGA, LGU, other Home Unions and other bodies.
2. To liaise with EGA Championship Committee.
3. To liaise with the R & A Rules Committee.
4. To liaise with the R & A Amateur Status Committee.
5. To liaise with the Welsh Counties.
6. To liaise with the LGU Council / Councillors.
1. To make Policy recommendations regarding any of the above to the GUW Board.
E. Working Groups