The Welsh Central Database of Handicaps (CDH) has been active since 2010, with over 100 affiliated clubs across the country uploaded.
The Golf Union of Wales and Scottish Golf formerly The Scottish Golf Union and Scottish Ladies’ Golfing Association committed to developing and producing a Central Database of Handicaps (CDH) for golf clubs and their members.
Aimed at providing a wide and vitally important range of benefits to golf club members, affiliated golf clubs, handicapping administrators and the governing bodies, the CDH project is delivered as a service to affiliated clubs.
Whilst this is still a work in progress, we are very keen to keep clubs and software suppliers appraised of progress and to answer any questions that may arise.
The CDH will deliver the following benefits to clubs and individual golfers:
Benefits to Golf Clubs
- Your club will receive automatic returns of your members’ Away Scores, which can be selected and updated with a simple click onto your local club handicap records;
- This functionality should substantially reduce the time required by Committees to administer Away Scores and the updating of your members’ handicaps;
- Automatic return of Away Scores via the CDH will now also include the correct CSS and Stableford/Nett Double Bogey Adjustments for every Away Score received by a Home Club;
- Competition administrators will be able to access and authenticate individual golfer’s handicaps via the GUW website for tournament entry purposes;
- Committees will no longer need to manually return Away Scores to the Home Clubs of visiting competitors as this will be automated when closing down your competitions.
Benefits to Individual Golfers
- Golfers will have access to view their Exact and Playing Handicaps on-line via the GUW websites and confirm when their Handicap was last updated on the CDH;
- Golfers will also have access to their Playing Handicap Record with all competition results recorded allowing individuals to fulfil their individual handicapping responsibilities under the CONGU® Unified Handicapping System;
- Your members will also be able to opt in to receive GUW e-communications featuring special offers, preferential green fees and other additional golf club member benefits.